While we may be living in a digital age, video surveillance for your physical locations should be an unquestioned component of your enterprise security plan. Video surveillance offers companies of all sizes, in all industries an effective way to deter crime and secure facilities, to protect their assets and sensitive information.
Video surveillance systems can be used for a variety of purposes, including checking for theft and vandalism, monitoring employee productivity, and providing evidence in the event of a crime. Video surveillance systems can be either analog or digital, with digital systems being more advanced and providing higher quality video footage.
Why consider IP-based streaming video surveillance?
One type of digital video surveillance system is IP-based streaming video surveillance. This technology transmits video footage over a network, to a central location which can be accessed remotely. Benefits include:
- Remote monitoring and playback: Footage can be accessed and viewed from any location with internet access. This allows for remote monitoring of multiple locations and playback of footage as needed. Being able to access the feed from anywhere in the world from a device that can connect to the internet allows businesses to monitor their facilities 24/7/365. And as needed, the footage can be sent to others as needed, cutting down the investigation time in crucial situations.
- Higher quality video: IP-based systems provide higher quality video footage than analog systems, with better resolution and clearer images. With resolutions surpassing those of even the most advanced analog cameras, advanced zoom in capabilities allows for more accurate identification of individuals and events.
- Scalability: Start small and easily add-on cameras and other devices as needed, making it an ideal solutions for companies to expand their surveillance coverage as their needs change.
- Advanced features: Digital video surveillance systems often come with advanced features such as motion detection, facial recognition, and analytics, which can be used to improve security and increase efficiency.
- Integration with other systems: IP-based systems can be easily integrated with other systems, such as access control and alarm systems, to provide a comprehensive security solution. If you’re replacing an old analog system, the basic structures can be reused, helping to reduce the cost.
Is your business adequately protected?
83% of organizations have reported having experienced more than one data breach. And with cost savings with a fully deployed security system averaging at USD 3.05 million, companies should also consider implementing other enterprise security measures in addition to video surveillance, such as:
- Access control: Measures such as security badges, biometric scanners, and keycard systems to control who has access to certain areas or information help protect sensitive information and assets.
- Firewall and intrusion detection: Firewalls and intrusion detection systems can help protect against hacking and other cyber threats. making it crucial for companies to have adequate security measures in place.
- Encryption: Protect sensitive information, such as financial data and personal information, if a device or system is lost or stolen. Mature cloud security practices were associated with breach cost savings of USD 720,000 compared to no cloud security practices.
- Network security: Measures such as network segmentation, virtual private networks (VPNs), and anti-virus software help protect against network-based threats. 55% of businesses reported experiencing a network security breach, highlighting the importance of network security measures.
- Business continuity planning: In the event of an emergency or disaster, backup systems, disaster recovery plans, and redundancy ensure that business operations can continue.
Is video surveillance right for your business?
Video surveillance is an important tool to keep in your arsenal of security measures to protect assets and sensitive information. When implemented and utilized effectively, businesses can ensure the safety not only of their data, but also of their employees, customers and other stakeholders.
Interested to find out how your business can benefit from video surveillance? Our certified staff specializes in a consultative approach from evaluating your system solutions to educating your company’s end user – get in touch to learn more.